And, this is for Alana del Valle Israel, who I thought was from Israel, but who turned out to be from Phillipines, actually in the U.S., but dating an Indian. Globalization 101 (practical lab) for me.
But you see, my dear readers, I only write from an OBJECTIVE, NEUTRAL point of view.
So, here's my prediction as to WHY Russia will rise again. Quantitatively, here are the points :
- Russian Military & Defense Strategies. They are one of the best in the world, IMHO. Historically, Russians have proven to be masters at this. Flashback the Great Russian Retreat from the forces of Napolean and the unthinkable crushing of Napoleon's mighty forces. This was the beginning of Napoleon's downfall. Cut back also to World War 2. Russian Retreat straight back uptil Stalingrad. The Battle of Stalingrad. The Germans never recovered from this. This was the beginning of Hitler's downfall.
- Russians still have the largest number of nuclear warheads, I believe. 17,000...as against 10,000+ of the U.S. Though the accuracy of these nukes are bad.
- AK47 (Atomotav Kalashnikova) was designed by Mikhail Kalashnikov while he was in a hospital bed. I blame it on the nurses, I tell ya...had they paid proper attention, this mischievous, most innocent looking genious wouldn't have gone about making such stuff. The design was so flawless that it has stood the test of time. 60+ years.......think 'bout it. So, They posess one of the best brainpower. Their mathematical ability is acknowledged as one of the best. Apply that brainpower to warfare and you have a deadly cocktail.
- ECONOMY. Russia has had enough flow of capital into its system. It has huge reserves of basic stuff, like oil, ores, etc.
- Oil. Russian has struck extremely clever strategic partnerships with Venezuela and other countries, and has not angered the Middle East OPEC countries. It can later utilize this.
- Politically, I really don't want to comment much.....but at least compared to China, there was no vast disparity between the urban rich and the rural poor during the time of the Soviets.
- Middle tier and small businessmen could flourish in Russia.....if this is allowed, economic backbone will remain strong.
Russia does have quite a lot of negatives like suppression of civil liberties and stuff like that, which I stronly disagree with. But then, this is just an objective analysis.