But could it be that this time their attention is elsewhere (it is only natural).
Note: I am differentiating this theater from the Middle East, and taking the liberty of adding the Indian sub-continent.
Now that everybody os obsessed with the Middlle East and elsewhere, are we missing a "Domino Effect" of INSTABILITY creeping in ?
Take a look at the events occurring in Myanmar, Thailand, parts of Indonesia, parts of Phillipines, recent Kampuchea border incidents...and add-in India and Pakistan. Though Thailand's a pro-democracy movement, still the crux of the matter is - greater chaos.
The Indian sub-continent is suffering a lot from chaotic elements destabilizing a huge, populous region.
If we take this Theatre as one, it has several common characteristics and I can FOLLOW A LOGICAL PATTERN:
- All the countries have been mainly non-aligned ....remember the many non-aligned movement.
- All the countries are RAPIDLY changing alignments to certain powers, sometimes 2 powers with different ideologies.
- This is resulting in a mini "Clash of the Sub-Civilizations" within this Geopolitical Theatre.
- Most conflicts are in the nature of Intra-country conflicts, or Civil Wars.
- There is a frightening potential of a "Domino Effect" being triggered by a Totalitarian Regime.